Have you ever wondered what to do with your old pair of jeans? Well, you can actually revive them and make them new again using spray paint.
As a “jeans lover”, I own a number of jeans which I feel suit my style and I would not want to discard them just like that.
Sometimes, I would need to make them look as new as when I first got them, and sometimes I would like to make them look stylish and outstanding.
All these can only be possible when I use spray paint and not just any type but the best.
In this article, we would take a look at some spray paints which I have tested and feel are good for jeans.
My top picks
- Best non-toxic: Deval simply spray
- Easiest to use: Tulip fabric spray set
- Best for all ages and for personalizing jeans: Kiddycolour 3d fabric paint
- Best non-fading and softest paint: Rust-oleum fabric spray paint
- Best texture and smooth: Magicfly acrylic paint set
- Best paint for cool art: Street urban graffiti pop art painting
- Best for staying new: Caliart acrylic paint set
- Best refillable paint: Splat planet graffiti pen paint
- Best for soft jeans: Krylon triple-thick aerosol spray
- Easiest to blend: Metalic fabric paint
- Best for bright shade jeans: Castle art 3D fabric paint set
- Most affordable and best for leaving the fabric soft: Jacquard fabric paint
Top 12 best spray paints for Jeans
Deval Simply Spray
Using this spray has been fun for me, I mostly use it for my jean jackets. I use it for both the light and dark shades. I love this spray because it dries up pretty quickly.
It has a spray nozzle which allows me to avoid messing up my environment and jeans. I do use this spray to make beautiful designs on my jeans, I also got a stencil for it.
I have a jean jacket which I inscribed my name on it using this paint and it was fun.
It also has good quality as the paint has a lasting finish on my jeans. It is the best non-toxic spray as it does not have harmful chemicals.
- Quick dry
- It is eco-friendly, it has a permanent dry, does not fade, and has no odor
- Its color may be a bit translucent
Tulip fabric spray set
This spray paint comes in different vibrant colors. This is another spray that I love to use, this is because it is known to be the easiest to use among others.
I got this spray for a friend who wanted to discard her old jeans because she didn’t want to go through any long process.
According to her, the spray was easy to control and saved her from accidental drips. The spray offers an easy-to-use solution for spraying, it features a nozzle at the top to make the spray easy for you.
You can detach the nozzle whenever you want to clean and re-use it, you can also apply glitter on the top of your jeans while using this paint for a more stylish look.
- Multiple colors
- Easy spray nozzle
- It is pretty easy to use and it offers a durable finish
- It has a very long curing period, it is also a permanent paint
Kiddycolour 3d fabric paint
This spray paint can be used by kids, youths, and as well adults. It comes in 40 vibrant and eye-catching colors which would suit the needs of everyone.
This painting is best to get for the whole family. It features 12 foam paint for your kids, 12 metallic paint, 12 glow-in-the-dark paint, and also 4 glitter paint to add a little more style and beauty.
If you love glitters, bright or dark colors, you can find them all in this one pack of paint. This paint will help you personalize your jeans properly and make them glitter using glitter paint.
It is a permanent paint that will not peel even after a wash, this makes the paint last long on your jeans. It has a marker pen tip to make it easy for kids to draw with it.
- All ages
- Multiple colors to pick
- It can be used by kids and adults, it is non-toxic and very easy to use
- It is a permanent paint, it takes a long time to dry up
Rust-oleum fabric spray paint
From the name of this paint, you would already know that it shouldn’t be used indoors as it can be very risky. Apart from its risky nature, it dries fast and can be very easy to use.
If you wash your jeans frequently, then you cannot use this spray because it is not machine washable. The paint does not fade away easily.
The paint has a good amount of UV protection which keeps the painted jeans always looking new.
Its colors are rich and long-lasting. This paint is best for worn-out jeans. It takes about an hour to fully dry and has a soft feel afterward.
- Quick dry
- Good quality
- Water repellant
- UV resistant
- It dries fast, does not fade easily, and has an ultra-soft feel after painting
- It cannot be washed by a machine
Magicfly acrylic paint set
This paint is quite thick and creamy. It comes with three brushes to help you achieve a good effect on your jeans.
It blends easily and smoothly. It is also non-toxic and long-lasting. It is also water-resistant.
With this paint, you can be as creative as you want as it provides unlimited creative space.
- 23 pieces set with three brushes
- Multi color
- Fast drying
- It blends well
- It washes off easily
Street urban graffiti pop art painting
This paint is historic, it is known to be the paint that inspired clothing fashion design. It is used for making cool arts on your jeans.
- It makes you creative, you can design cool arts using this paint
Caliart acrylic paint set
This paint has the capacity to stay new for a long time. You don’t have to be an expert or a professional while using this paint, it is made of high quality and it features rich pigment.
It is non-toxic and quite safe for both adults and kids. This spray paint dries quickly and blends with ease.
You can add layer upon layer while using this paint as you’re assured that it would dry fast.
- Rich pigment
- Quick dry
- 24 pack
- Squeezable and secure bottles
- It blends quickly and has a fast-drying formula
Splat planet graffiti pen paint
This electric paint is good and has an amazing effect on shapes. To get a nice effect of this on your jean, you would need to cut out any shape of your choice and spray the paint around the edges.
You can as well use a string, rope, or masking tape to make different shapes and spray around it.
This electric paint is perfect for sketching and scribbling, it enables you to do it carefully and nicely. The best thing about this paint is that it can be re-filled to provide unlimited use.
- Built-in battery
- Re-fillable marker
- It can produce incredible designs using shapes or nicely cut simple objects. It can be charged with a USB, this would help you carry it around. It ensures a careful design of your jeans.
- Can’t be used without being charged and it is washable
Krylon triple-thick aerosol spray
If you’re in need of good spray paint for your old jeans, especially the ones that are quite soft, then I would recommend this spray paint for you.
This paint will refresh the color of your favorite jeans and bring them back to life.
This paint sticks pretty well and would not fade easily, so you would use it for a very long time. It has a high-gloss finish look and it is a permanent paint.
- Gloss finish
- Permanent paint
- Perfect for soft jeans, it gives a gloss finish look.
- Light content
Metallic Fabric Paint
This paint has 18 colors with 3 stencils. It is permanent paint and feels very easy to blend.
This paint does not fade easily and it is also non-toxic. This paint will make your jeans look like silk after painting
- It does not fade, it blends well.
- Takes long to dry
Castle art 3D fabric paint set
This paint has 24 colors and 3 brushes. It is made of good quality and squeezable bottles. It can be applied directly to your jeans just by sniffing off the top and squeezing as you please.
The paint usually expands to give a magical 3D effect. It is perfect for bright shades jeans. It is permanent, does not fade after wash, and is also color-fast.
The brush is being used to enhance the 3D effect of the colors. This pain can be used for all types of jeans and would still come out nice. It also has a thick content and it dries up really fast.
You can blend and mix any of the colors together to get a nice combo.
- Multiple colors
- Fast drying
- Direct apply
- It is a permanent paint, it can be applied directly and does not fade easily
Jacquard fabric Paint
It has 8 colors in its set. The colors of this paint leave your jeans soft. It can be applied from the bottle with a brush.
It includes both primary and secondary colors. This paint is washable and not permanent like the others. This paint has a good texture and it is easy to paint with.
It has a thick content and spreads smoothly. This paint is pretty affordable and worth the money. It is a professional fabric paint that would feel good on jeans and leave them soft afterward.
- 8 color set
- Easy use
It makes the jeans soft and it has a good texture
It is washable, not permanent, and has little content
Spray Paint for Jeans: Buying Guide
This article is for people that love to wear jeans. This guide is for those that have old pairs of jeans and would like to make them look as new as when they bought them.
If you have jeans in your closet and would love to style or personalize them, then you should take a good look at this guide as it would provide you with all you need to know on the spray paint for your jeans.
If you need to personalize that jean jacket, make those jeans a bit stylish, or make that jean short look new once again, then this guide is meant for you.
Features to look for in a spray paint
- Non-fading: To get good spray paint for your jeans, you must be sure that the paint would not fade with ease.
- Colors: Try to get spray paint with different colors, so you can have a lot to choose from. As they say “the more, the merrier”.
- Fast-drying: A good spray paint should dry fast. Though this may depend on the type but its curing time shouldn’t take more than 24 hours. You should get a fast-drying paint to get a quick result
- Non-toxic: A good spray paint should not cause health hazards or harm to the environment. You should get eco-friendly paint, that way you would not need to worry about the content that accidentally dripped on your hands or kids getting messy with it.
- Quality: The spray paint should be made of high quality to provide quality results.
How I tested
My testing of the spray paints for this guide took place at home during the holidays. I picked up a few of my old jeans and tried to bring out something stylish and nice using the spray paints.
I combined nice colors and tried to create an ombre effect and on others, I wrote quotes with smiley faces.
These jeans were definitely unique and different from my other pair of jeans. From what I noticed, these spray paints are not so harmful and also do not fade easily.
This page may contain affiliate links.
To support the content and the knowledge I share here, I earn from qualifying purchases from Amazon at no extra cost to you.