Jordans are a favorite of many people. Whether you’re wearing them to the gym or just to look cool, they have become a staple in our society.
In fact, Jordans have been said to be popular because they provide extra cushioning and support. They are also made with high-quality materials which makes them expensive and outstanding.
If you want your Jordan to last longer and stay looking nicer, there are a few things you can do to prolong its life. This leads us to the actual query “Can you take the insoles out of Jordans?”
While taking out the insole will not help with prolonging the life of your shoe, it will make it more comfortable for you by adding more space at the bottom of your shoe.
Can you take out Jordans’ insoles?
So can you?
Yes, you can! The insoles in your Jordan may get rough or for those with sweaty feet, get smelly.
If you believed the insoles of your Jordan couldn’t be removed, it’s high time you had a rethink and changed those smelly insoles.
Jordan is a popular shoe company with shoes that many people like to buy. These shoes come in different sizes, and some people wonder if they can take out the insoles from Jordans.
For some people, this is a good way of making the new pair of Jordans fit their feet better and be more comfortable.
But for other people, removing the insole can make the shoe become too small and it may not fit them anymore.
Studies show that one of the ways to stop smelly feet (Bromodosis) is by constantly changing your insoles.
It is recommended for people with orthotics ( the medical field concerned with the application and manufacture of devices that support or correct the function of a limb or the torso) to remove their insoles after getting soaked in the rain.
In this article, we’ll see how we can take out insoles from a Jordan without ripping it off so it can be used again.
How can you take out Jordans insoles?
Jordans are one of the most popular sneakers in the world. But have you ever felt like the sneaker is too big for your feet? Do you want to take out the insoles from Jordans? This article will show you how.
Taking out the insole from Jordans is a common thing that people do. The purpose of taking out the insole is to either make it smaller or change its shape and feel.
Or to avoid heel pains, stress fractures, tendonitis, and swollen toe units; or the need to give your shoes a slight front slant so that you reduce pain to your feet and render walking easier.
If you’re thinking about doing this, be sure to read on before taking any drastic measures!
Jordans are designed to mold to your feet, but if you wear them too long, there is nothing to stop your foot from growing.
This causes discomfort and an inability to wear the shoes. There are easy ways to remove the insole without damaging your shoe.
Steps to take out Jordans with removable insoles
The first way is to;
- Find a screwdriver or other object with a sharp edge: The screwdriver will help to easily detach the insole from the sole, thereby making the process faster.
- Put on gloves and place the shoe top side down on its heel like you’re sitting in it: The gloves are used to protect your hands from any cuts which could result from careless usage of the sharp tool.
- Insert the tool at the bottom of where your foot goes and gently take off the insole from one side so it’s loose: Care should be taken not to damage the insole or the sole during this process.
- Pull up on this piece of material so it’s detached from making sure not to rip or tear any parts of it so you can use
Another way is to:
- Remove the laces of your Jordan: Removing the laces will help give more room to put your hand in so as to make this procedure easy. If your fingers are small enough to enter the shoes freely, you can skip this step. However, experts are of the common opinion that laces should be removed, whether small fingers or not.
- Get hold of the insole: After you’ve removed the laces from your Jordan sneakers, you’ll need to do the following.
- Holding the Jordans shoe sole firmly while inserting your other hand inside the shoe to grab and pull out the insole is the first step.
Because your insole isn’t attached to the sole, this technique should be straightforward. Once you’ve reached the heel of your shoe, a simple lift should allow you to easily remove the insole.
To avoid injuries/damages to your hands, wear a glove or be extremely careful while pulling gently.
Steps to remove glued Jordans insoles
If your Jordans insoles are glued, removing them will be a little bit different and tedious
See the steps below:
- If it’s just glue then you need to heat it up to soften the bond: Use a heat gun, hairdryer, or oven. This is meant to reduce the strength of the glue and make it easier to remove the insole.
- When the shoe is heated, by bending and flexing the sole, the insole can be removed.
- Then use a spoon or knife to carefully remove the rest.
You could also try another way:
- Firstly, remove the laces: Removing the laces enables easy access and easier removal of the insoles
- Get your hairdryer: Turn on your hair dryer and set it to high steam, then leave it for some minutes so as to get hot.
- When it gets hot, use it to heat up the insoles of your Jordans sneakers.
- The heat helps to weaken the glue and makes it easier to pull out the insoles.
- Put your Jordans in an oven: If the glue holding the insole and sole together is strong and you notice the insoles are still strongly attached, put the shoes In an oven. This will help to further soften the glue
- The Jordans should be left in the oven for about 45 seconds. Then, they should be left for about 30 seconds to cool off.
- Caution should be taken while leaving the shoe in the oven. Ensure it is not left for too long to prevent the melted glue from touching other parts of the shoe.
- Pull out the sole: After cooling off for 30 seconds, the insoles should be easy to remove. You should get a glove if the insoles are too hot for your hands
- If need be, call a professional: Sometimes, these steps might be too rigorous or you don’t have a dryer or oven.
- Call a professional if you can’t perform these steps.
With the above method, you have to heat up your Jordan shoes with a heat gun or hairdryer and wait for about 30 minutes until the insoles are soft.
Then scrape off the insole of your shoe with a spoon or chisel, and finally use a knife to carefully pry up the rest of the insoles.
It is essential that you perform the above steps only under hot air dryers or ambient heat. The oven will also work well. Just use caution and make sure it’s not too hot.
Can you replace Jordans insoles?
One of the most prominent sneaker companies in the world, Jordan has built an empire on its ability to innovate and create the latest trends.
It’s impossible to walk down a street without seeing someone wearing one of their famous kicks.
Designed for performance with superior comfort, Jordans are some of the most popular shoes for athletes and casual wearers alike. So what’s so special about these shoes? If you’ve ever bought a pair, you might have noticed that they come with a removable insole.
While it may not seem like a big deal at first glance, there are actually some important reasons for this feature available on all Jordan models.
Now, back to the question, “if you can actually replace Jordan’s insoles?” Yes, the main reason for the removable insoles is for easy replacement. Let’s look at some cool insoles which could replace your Jordan’s insoles
Jordan insole replacements
This insole is made from one of the most comfortable materials- Cotton. These are extremely lightweight insoles and are available for a very cheap price.
Stance socks provide extra cushioning, which ensures a relaxing feel as you walk or run around in your Jordans. These have been specially designed to provide additional comfort and support while wearing New Jordans.
These insoles can be inserted into any Jordan shoe size 10-20, which gives you an extra advantage, considering all new Jordans come with a price tag of more than $100.
The Stance Socks come with the following features:
- Provides additional comfort & support as compared to stock insoles
- The material used in this insole is really soft, so it will fit perfectly in your Jordans and the best part is that you can customize your own insoles with tons of unique designs.
Comfort and Cushioning
The soft material used in these insoles provides additional cushioning which provides comfort as you walk or run around town.
These covers are feather light and do not add an extra ounce to the sneaker’s weight, making them a very convenient choice for people looking for a lightweight option that can be easily slipped inside the shoe without adding any extra weight to the shoe’s heel.
High-Quality EVA insoles
The i-Sole technology used in these insoles provides extra cushioning and gives the same comfort as Jordans without any pain or discomfort.
The best part is that these insoles are available for a very cheap price.
Other recommended insoles replacements include:
- Superfeet Green Professional-Grade Insole
- Powerstep Blue Pinnacle Insole
- FORM Premium Blue Insole
- Spenco Women’s Total Support Max Shoe Insole
Your insoles are a very important part of your Jordan sneakers. Without them, your sneakers are incomplete.
Your insoles also have to be changed periodically, to avoid the risk of smelly feet and unhealthy skin.
After removing your insoles, ensure you get a replacement before wearing your Jordans again.
- Best Insoles to Make Shoes Smaller
- Can Insoles Make Shoes Fit Better
- Best insoles for Marching Band
- Best Insoles for Flat Sandals
- Are Yeezys More Comfortable Without Insoles
This page may contain affiliate links.
To support the content and the knowledge I share here, I earn from qualifying purchases from Amazon at no extra cost to you.