There is a saying that goes thus, “Cleanliness is next to godliness”. The Converse is that footwear that can be worn with any outfit, be it jeans or a T-Shirt, and to any event or place like school or work. It comes in varieties of styles, colors, and sizes.
Just the way our clothes get dirty and stained and require to be washed, in the same way, our Converse shoe needs to be washed and dried because it is worn every day.
And since it comes in different colors and patterns, to maintain its beauty and to ensure it looks new whenever we put it on, it needs to be kept clean at all times.
Different ways to dry your Converse shoes without smelling
Do you know that wet shoes can result in a very bad smell and even cause blisters on the feet? In the process of trying to dry our Converse shoes, we should try as much as possible to avoid damaging or reducing the longevity of the shoes.
Below are some ways to dry your Converse shoes to avoid bad odor or smelly shoes.
- Leverage your room temperature
- By stuffing your Converse with papper
- Air drying your Converse
Your Converse shoes should be dried at normal room temperature. It should not be exposed to direct heat so as to ensure it lasts long.
By stuffing with paper
To keep the Converse dry paper should be stuffed inside and should be changed from time to time. The newspaper should be changed regularly to avoid mold. This process helps to maintain the shape of the shoe and prevent it from smelling.
Note that it is better to use neat rags, cloth, or a handkerchief if your Converse shoes are of light colors like white are pink because using newspaper may result in giving your shoe ink stains.
It is advised and recommended that the best way to dry your Converse shoe is to expose it to natural air. Do not use your hairdryer to make it fast as it is a way of reducing the quality and longevity of the shoe.
Putting your Converse in the dryer will wrap the rubber sole automatically causing the converse to shrink and this happens because of the heat of the dryer.
Do you want to dry your Converse faster? (Here’s How)
Chances are that our Converse shoes may get wet due to rainfall, it is possible that we may need our Converse shoes urgently and at the same time need to wash them, and dry them as quickly as possible.
Wearing wet shoes is really not a nice idea because makes one feel uncomfortable and as such, we need to use easy, simple, and fast methods to dry our shoes.
Below are some tips you can use whenever you need to dry your Converse shoe FAST.
One of the easiest methods of drying your Converse shoe is by using newspaper. It is called “the tried and tested method” and can be used for almost all kinds of shoes.
It is not really the fastest but it is very easy to carry out and simple to do and as such, it should be done over the night to get a clean and dried shoe in the morning. Here are the steps to take:
- Step 1: Get old newspapers and shred them into small pieces.
- Step 2: Make the pieces into a ball form
- Step 3: Remove the insole of your Converse shoe.
- Step 4: Put the balled-up newspaper inside the Converse shoes.
- Step 5: Keep the Converse shoe in a dry place over the night
- Step 6: Just in case your Converse shoe is very wet, change the newspaper after a few hours.
- Step 7: To speed up this method, you can place them very close to a radiator.
An easier and faster method of drying your Converse shoe is by using a fan. Let take a look at this method:
- Step 1: Place the wet Converse on a cloth to absorb the water from it.
- Step 2: If you have a standing fan, you can place your Converse shoes directly in front of it.
- Step 3: You can bend a hanger into an S shape and hang your shoes on them
- Step 4: Make sure the shoes are not laced while carrying out any of these methods.
Using the fridge does not mean putting them inside the fridge. All you need to do is place them in front of the fridge vent and let the air do the drying process. Let’s run through the steps:
- Step 1: You would need to remove the insole of your shoes.
- Step 2: Place the in front of the fridge vent, with the opening of the Converse shoe directly in front of the vent.
- Step 3: You are free to leave them over the night to dry properly.
When you’ve got excess rice at home, you can use it to dry those wet Converse shoes of yours.
- Step 1: Get an empty storage box.
- Step 2: Fill the box with the uncooked/raw rice, leaving enough space for your shoes.
- Step 3: Place your shoes on top of the rice and close the box.
- Step 4: Leave the rice to soak up the water for a few hours.
- Step 5: If your Converse shoes are very wet, you can leave them for a longer period of time.
A shoe dryer
If you constantly have to deal with wet shoes, then getting a shoe dryer will be worthwhile. This is a handy appliance and it is very easy to use and also very affordable.
Here are a few steps to follow:
- Step 1: You would need to remove the shoelace and insole of the Converse.
- Step 2: Place the Converse shoe upside down on the dryer.
- Step 3: Switch off the shoe dryer and watch your Converse shoe get dried within a few minutes.
These are a few and fast methods of drying your Converse shoes and after doing these, your nose and feet will thank you.
With these methods, you do not need to worry about having wet shoes because there is now a solution that is not only simple and easy but also very fast and efficacious.
How can I stretch my Converse overnight?
Converse shoe is one of the most popular and widely known footwear across the world. It offers the latest version of Converse that is well known and appreciated with beautiful designs and colors.
People have different desires and needs when it comes to Converse fitting, some persons may want it to lose and some may prefer it tight and others may want it not too tight and not too loose.
A reasonable way of making your Converse fit is by stretching them. There are so many ways to stretch your Converse shoe into your desired fit. We would discuss a few of these simple methods below.
You can quickly use heat
It can help to stretch your tight Converse appropriately. You can achieve this by wearing a pair of thick socks with your Converse shoe, then using a hairdryer to make the fabric warm.
Here are a few steps to follow in order to achieve this:
- Step 1: Get a pair of thick socks and wear your Converse shoe.
- Step 2: Use your hairdryer to warm the tight places of the shoe.
- Step 3: Try to move your toes inside the shoe for better adjustment.
- Step 4: Keep the Converse on until they are cool to make them stretch out properly.
Wearing a pair of thick socks is another easy way of stretching your Converse shoe. This method is used to stretch a pair of tight Converse with ease, it is a slow process to help you not to overstretch your pair of Converse shoe.
Here are the steps you would need to follow to achieve this.
- Step 1: Put on a pair of thick socks alongside your Converse shoe. Tie your shoelace the way you like it.
- Step 2: Put on the Converse shoe around the house for some hours.
- Step 3: Repeat the process until your desired result is achieved.
If your Converse shoe is tight around the toes and needs enough room to wiggle about, you should consider using the stuffing method. Let’s take a look at the steps.
- Step 1: Ball up some newspaper or some pairs of socks and push them to the end of the shoes.
- Step 2: Allow the Converse to stretch out overnight before removing.
- Step 3: If the shoe does not stretch out well, repeat the process until you get the desired result.
To soften the shoe fabric in order for it to stretch properly, you would need to give your Converse shoe a wash. Here are the steps to take.
- Step 1: Remove the laces
- Step 2: Soak the shoes in warm soapy water to make the bristles get soft.
- Step 3: Scrub marks on the outsole and shoe thoroughly.
- Step 4: Try to prevent water stains, to help the Converse dry up fast.
- Step 5: Wash the shoelace thoroughly.
- Step 6: Air dry the lace and the Converse shoe.
- Step 7: Stuff the Converse with the newspaper or thick socks to help it maintain its shape.
Shoe stretching tools
There are tools you can easily get to help you stretch those tight Converse perfectly without much delay. Tools like ‘a ball and ring stretcher’ or ‘a two-way stretcher’ can serve this purpose.
- You need a Ball and Ring Stretcher Tool
- Search for the area or areas that need stretching most.
- Place the ring outside of the Converse and the ring part inside.
- Pull the stretcher arm to expand the ball stretcher, this would cause a movement in the shoe.
- Leave the stretcher in the shoes overnight to stretch further.
- Using Two-Way Stretcher Tool
- Place the stretcher inside the shoes such that the screw will be at the heel of the Converse.
- Adjust the screw till the Converse begins to stretch.
- Keep adjusting the screw every eight hours until your desired result is gotten.
Though this method is great, you can easily get these tools online using Amazon.com but it is usually advisable to stretch your shoes gradually to avoid overstretching them.
Here is an EXTRA tip:
I call this “the water-bag method”.
This method is done by filling two zip-lock bags with water. Ensure it is sealed properly, and then put it in the fridge. The shoe will automatically stretch as the water freezes.
As we know already, properly fitting shoes is an advantage to your general well-being because it gives optimum comfort and it is also very important to your foot health as it is unhealthy for your feet not to have enough room to wiggle.
With the steps listed above, you can stretch your Converse shoes overnight and makes them perfectly ready for your daily activities.
Keeping your shoes clean is a way of making your outfit look attractive and breathtaking. Preventing them from odor and smell can appeal to your sense of smell and that of those around us.
Having dry shoes on all the time is a way of improving your foot health as wet shoes can bring about blisters and foot diseases.
Your Converse shoes can be kept dry all the time by using newspaper, air-dry, fridge, uncooked rice, and preferably a shoe dryer. With these methods, you do not need to worry about how to get your shoes dry at any time of the day.
These methods can get your Converse properly dried in a few hours. Improve your foot health by wearing dried shoes and try to maintain the process day by day.
- What is the Loop on the Tongue of a Converse Used for
- Why are Converse so uncomfortable at first
- Can You Use Converse As Running Shoes
- Can You Wear Converse With Joggers
- Can Nurses Wear Converse Sneakers
- Why Does The Tongue Of My Converse Move
This page may contain affiliate links.
To support the content and the knowledge I share here, I earn from qualifying purchases from Amazon at no extra cost to you.