Whether you’re trying to fix a pair of old rubber flip flops or attach a new strap, it is sometimes hectic to find the best glue for it.
In this article, we’ll recommend 10 of the best glues for rubber flip flops, so you can get the job done quickly and easily.
Our top 10 glue for rubber flip flops
- Slime 1050 Rubber Cement – 8 oz.: Feature a plastic hang cap for better storage
- Rockler Cyanoacrylate Quick-Set: best industrial-grade adhesive that easily penetrates
- Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant: best glue for beach flip flops
- Barge 50-2128 All Purpose Cement, 2 oz: Best glue that bonds in only one coat
- Permatex 25905 Contact Cement: Heat and water-resistant rubber flip fops glue
- Gorilla Clear Glue, 5.75-Ounce Bottle: Best transparent glue
- Dap 25 332 Weldwood Contact Cement: Best nonflammable glue
- YUE 20g Rubber Glue: Best non-toxic glue for rubber flip flops
- Krazy Glue Maximum Bond Super Glue: Best ultra-thick, no-run gel glue
- Professional Grade Super Glue: Most economical glue for rubber flip flops
Slime 1050 Rubber Cement – 8 oz.
The Slime 1050 Rubber Cement is a great glue that I bought to use on my rubber flip flops.
I found that it goes on thick and stays put, unlike other glues that run or drip. It dries quickly, which makes it easy to work with, especially when you are in a hurry.
This glue is very strong and durable, so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart after a few days.
It dries clear so you can see where you’ve applied it. It doesn’t harden in the bottle so you can use it over and over again without wasting any product. It doesn’t leave an unpleasant odor as some other brands do.
It has an easy-to-use applicator tip that allows me to apply the glue in one simple action. The tip also prevents the glue from sticking to your fingers or hands as you are working with it.
The bottle has a nozzle cap that keeps the liquid from spilling out of the bottle before or during use.
Its bottle design allows for easy pouring and application during repairs or maintenance jobs.
- Strong and reliable
- Strong, fast-curing, non-hardening rubber cement
- Meets both DOT FMVSS 129 & ISO 6946 standards
- Has quick-dry feature
- Easy to use the applicator tip
- The bottle has a nozzle cap that keeps liquid from spilling
- It also has a hanging cap that allows for easy and better storage
- The glue is thick and durable for various other household projects
- The lid can get stuck if glue gets trapped between the opening cap and become impossible to open
Rockler Cyanoacrylate Quick-Set
This rocker glue is one of the best ever glues I’ve used for home projects and for my rubber flip flops.
The packaging is very nice. I like the fact that the glue comes in a syringe-like container. It makes it easier to control how much glue you want to dispense, which is great!
The applicator tip is just right, not too big or too small. You can easily apply the glue without getting it on your fingers.
it is a very strong, fast-drying, and long-lasting glue. It can be used on paper, plastic, and metal. It has a stronghold on almost anything and can hold up to 3000 lbs of weight.
This product also dries clear so you don’t have to worry about ruining the look of your rubber glue by using ugly colored glue like some others out there do.
- Great packaging
- Comes in a syringe-like container
- Strong, fast, long-lasting glue
- Can hold up to 3000 lbs of weight
- Dries clear
Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant
The first thing that struck me was how much smaller the bottle is compared to other brands on the market. This is both good and bad.
It’s good because it’s easier to carry around and doesn’t take up too much space in your tackle box or backpack, but it also means that you have to buy more frequently if you plan on doing a lot of repairs.
the second thing that struck me was the consistency of the glue itself. It’s very thin and watery compared to other brands.
The third major feature of this glue is its fast drying time – as soon as you apply it to your rubber flip flops, it begins setting up almost immediately.
The glue has a viscosity similar to water which means that it flows easily through your hands without dripping off before you have time to position it correctly.
- Smaller bottle
- Watery and thin glue
- Fast drying time
- Similar viscosity to water
- It has been approved by the FDA, so you can be sure that it won’t harm your fish or other animals
- It’s easy to apply
- This glue still comes with a brush applicator
Barge 50-2128 All Purpose Cement
Barge 50-2128 All Purpose Cement is an economical, all-purpose cement for bonding rubber to most surfaces.
It is a versatile adhesive that can be used on rubber and synthetic surfaces. It is also suitable for metal and other hard substances.
I initially bought it to repair my rubber flip-flops which it worked wonderfully for.
I found out it was versatile after I tried using it on my glass shower door and it works great! It forms a smooth surface that doesn’t appear cloudy or foggy at all when cured (you can see right through it).
This cement dries clear so you don’t have to worry about seeing any marks on wherever it’s applied after they’re installed.
- Versatile for bonding rubber to most surfaces
- Suitable for metal and other hard substances
- Forms a smooth surface after application
- The versatile adhesive also great for rubber flip flops
- The cap cracks even when screwed reasonably
Permatex 25905 Contact Cement
My first impression of this product is that it comes with a small applicator brush, which makes it easy to apply the cement.
The brush is also reusable if you wash it with water. This is a good feature because it can help save money in the long run by using less material.
I did notice that this is not an instant bond like some other cement products but rather has a bonding time of 20 minutes.
The second feature I noticed about this product is that it can be used for many different purposes.
It can be used on most materials such as plastic, rubber, metal, and glass, which makes it very versatile.
The third feature I noticed was that there are no fumes or odors associated with this product.
- Small applicator brush
- Versatile adhesive works on different surfaces
- No odor
- Easy application
- Works great for different surfaces
- No odor, non-toxic glue
- Longer bonding time compared to other cement, takes 20 minutes
Gorilla Clear Glue, 5.75-Ounce Bottle
The first thing I noticed about the Gorilla Clear Glue was the great packaging. It comes in a clear bottle that allows you to see how much glue is left so you can easily estimate how much of it you have left.
The cap has a brush attached that makes it easy to apply the glue. I also like that there are no fumes and that it dries quickly.
There is no need to wait for it to dry before handling your project, which makes this product very convenient when working on projects with limited drying time.
It’s safe for children over the age of three and works well on wood, paper, fabric, and more!
You can even use it on delicate surfaces like glass and ceramic without worrying about damaging them or having them stick together permanently.
In fact, these glues are so strong they will hold up under pressure without breaking apart.
This glue is made from water, PVA, and glycerin.
- It doesn’t produce any fumes
- Safe for children over age three
- Dries quickly
- Made from water, PVA and glycerin
- Glue is very strong and they hold under pressure
- Versatile glue can be used on very delicate surfaces too
- Does not expand like the original formula
Dap 25332 Weldwood Contact Cement
I have been using the Dap Weldwood contact cement for many years. I use it to repair my rubber flip flops and it has always been working great
You can use this glue on a variety of surfaces, including plastic, wood, metal, and ceramic.
It’s a non-flammable contact cement that allows you to bond two materials together without any need for heat or pressure.
The bottle has a built-in applicator tip which makes it easy to apply the adhesive evenly on both surfaces. You can use this product for smaller projects as well as bigger ones too!
It is non-flammable and quick drying.
- Versatile usage on a lot of surfaces
- Can be used for various projects including woodwork, shoe repair, etc
- Has a built-in applicator tip for easy application
- Might not stick to plastic
YUE 20g Rubber Glue
YUE 20g rubber glue is a fast curing, two-component urethane glue that has been designed to bond polyethylene, polypropylene, and other elastomers.
The product is available in a convenient 50ml bottle with a precision tip applicator.
The glue is suitable for bonding all types of rubber including natural rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR), chloroprene rubber (CR), nitrile rubber (NBR), and neoprene.
The product cures to form a flexible bond that can withstand both high temperature and impact loading.
The product also has good resistance to water, oil, and alcohol as well as being weather resistant.
It has a strong smell, similar to a strong glue like super glue. It’s not a bad smell but if you are sensitive to smells then it might be unpleasant for you.
After using it a couple of times, I can say that it is one of the best for your rubber flip flops.
- High viscosity
- Good adhesion to most materials
- Easy to use
- Suitable for bonding a diverse array of different rubber
- Forms a flexible bond
- Can withstand high temperature
- Safe and non-toxic
- Has a rather strong smell
Krazy Glue Maximum Bond Super Glue
This super glue contains cyanoacrylate, which is what helps the bond between the two pieces become stronger than other types of glues available today.
The glue has an easy-squeeze design that makes it easy for anyone to use this product without any problem.
It also comes with an applicator tip that allows you to apply the correct amount of glue onto your surface without wasting any of it.
Krazy Glue Maximum Bond Super Glue is a super glue with a thick consistency.
I’ve tested it on different surfaces including rubber, metal, wood, and glass and I’m certain that It is great for your rubber flip-flops repair.
- Contains cyanoacrylate
- Has an easy-squeeze design
- Comes with an applicator tip
- Works on different surfaces
- Non-toxic, safe to use
Professional Grade Super Glue
The first thing I noticed about this glue is that it has a pleasant smell, which is a nice change from the usual chemical smell of super glue.
The second thing I noticed was that the consistency of the glue was much thinner than other brands I’ve used in the past.
This makes it flow out of the bottle easier and faster, but also means that it is more susceptible to drying out if not used quickly.
It is made with cyanoacrylate and ethyl cyanoacrylate.
- It has an extremely fast setting time
- It can bond almost any material together
- It can work with almost any surface as well
- The glue is consistent and thin which makes it flow well
- Has a pleasant smell
Things to consider when choosing glue for rubber flip flops
Choosing the right glue for rubber flip flops is an important decision. If you’re looking for a way to repair your worn-out flip flops, this is the perfect time to learn more about what makes a good glue for rubber.
Here are some things to consider when choosing glue for rubber flip flops:
Glue that dries clear
Glue that dries clear is ideal because it will not affect the color of your flip flops. Glue that dries white or yellow may make your shoes look dirty and smudged.
In addition, if you want to paint or decorate your shoes after gluing them back together, then only use clear glue.
Glue that dries quickly
You don’t want to spend an hour or more sitting around waiting for glue to dry! Look for a product that dries quickly so that you can get back to wearing your shoes sooner rather than later.
The glue you choose to use on your rubber flip flops should be able to withstand the heat, the cold, and the rain. If you are just going to use it in your home, then you don’t have to worry about it being waterproof.
The environment where you will be using them
For example, if you live in a hot climate, then you need glue that can withstand heat so that it does not melt away when exposed to high temperatures.
Similarly, if you live in a cold climate, then you need glue that can withstand cold so that it doesn’t freeze up when exposed to low temperatures.
The material used for making your flip flops. This is very important because some types of glues will not work with certain materials such as rubber or plastic.
The temperature rating indicates how many degrees Fahrenheit a particular glue can withstand before it begins to melt or break down.
If it’s too low, then your shoes might get damaged because they will be subjected to high temperatures while they’re in use.
On the other hand, if the temperature rating is too high, then it could damage other items around it when used in certain environments such as near fireplaces and radiators.
We’ve finally come to the end of our long list of glues for our Rubber flip-flops repair. I hope this list helps you in your next repair and your next glue shopping.
- Contact Cement vs Gorilla Glue
- 10 Best Glue for Jelly Shoes
- Shoe Goo Alternatives
- Barge vs Rubber Cement
This page may contain affiliate links.
To support the content and the knowledge I share here, I earn from qualifying purchases from Amazon at no extra cost to you.